Friday, May 05, 2006

Like, What the HELL?!?

Three Thursday rides, three bullshit, avoidable crashes. Pete took over the group after Craig's chainring started shooting shrapnel. Nice, mellow pace with a good group of folks. I had a great ride, with MTBGod Pete even pointing my technique out to the Newbies.

So, we're approaching the parking lot at the end of the ride, and I drop into the little dip at the edge of the lot, like I do every time I'm there. It's a simple little drop I've done a zillion times before - no obstacles aside from some exposed taproots, and a nice runout to the pavement. Piece o' proverbial cake.

I don't know what happened, or how, but my front wheel stopped dead, causing me to slowly rise in an arc over the bars. Down I go - endoed on an easy-peasy move at the local beginner-friendly course, at the end of an otherwise excellent ride. Gave myself a nice charlie horse right on my thigh, too, which bodes for a painful day in the gym tomorrow!

Sheesh - frickin' Wakefield, of all places! It's after me. It's out for blood, and it won't stop 'til I'm in a cast - I can tell! Mark my words, this won't end well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home