Thursday, July 27, 2006

Criminey, it's Only Been a Freakin' Week!

Between my mom being in town and me working nights on the Lebanon Task Force, I haven't been on the bike since the 19th, and I haven't worked out since about then either. Actually, skipping workouts was mostly sheer blowing it off, but it was probably a good thing since my shoulder was still bothering me; I think I was exacerbating it by putting the stress of weight training on it.

S'winnyway, I have today and tomorrow off. I dropped the Jinn off at her day camp and took a spin around Wakefield. My God, you'd think I just got off the couch after months of inactivity! I was awful! I was sucking wind within 15 minutes, couldn't maintain a pace for shyte, and by the end of the ride was making errors in judgement and focus that I've recently only been making after rides about twice as long. It was humiliating. If I'd known getting in shape required continual , non-stop maintenance, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have chosen being a couch potato!

The good news is, I weighed myself after the ride and was down to 182. True, a chunk of that was probably water loss from the ride, but still! Plus, the regular bike commute starts next week, probably Tuesday. Almost 19 miles a day, 4 days a week (I'm gonna Metro in on Thursdays to replenish underwear, etc. and keep myself fresh for the MORE evening rides). If I can stick to the diet I've been following recently, I should be well into the 170s (and dare I say below?) pretty quickly. Fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home